All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How did Strikers do???
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:36 pm 
Strikers

For all that went let us know how ya did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:50 pm 

Preliminary reports say Bravo Co. (Strikers) won another one! OUTSTANDING work! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:36 pm 
Strikers

Here is a very brief report of everything:

-Strikers were part of Bravo QRF along side of GP and St. James.
-The AO was very tough! We were around 5000ft and to top it off the entire AO was covered with very thick dead shrubery.
-There was three AO per branch, but QRF could cover them all. Most of the time we stayed in the Marine AO to take and secure cobra.
-Cobra was a 500ft hill. Very rough to climb with everything in the way. We had to switch back all the time. We climbed it at least 7-8 times between the two days. Trying to run up the hill took us 7min the first day. Thats how bad the hill was!
-In the marine zone there was also a mine sweeper who had to find land mines all over the AO with a metal dector. To let you know how hard this was. B Co only found 8 mines out of 30 in the 2 days.
-Rangers and Cav had objectives as well, but we never saw the Ranger AO and the Cav AO very brief so do not know much that went on there.

Well that is a quick sum of what we did and went on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:14 pm 

I just wanted to add that we were lucky enough to have Josh Warren as part of our our squad this year. Josh is a Ranger who has served in Afganistan and Iraq. He fit in perfectly and was a real asset in a very tough fight.

Josh - I can't think of anything more appropriate than having a vet like yourself with us on the Memorial Day weekend.

PS - Everyone will get to see him interviewed on the DVD but there may be a few "bleeped" words :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:27 pm 
Strikers

A few bleep words. LOL

Yes Josh it was a pleasure to have you fight along side of us.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:43 am 

Hey guys the pleasure was all mine it was really a great time. Thanks for making making me feel so welcome and like a part of the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:47 pm 
Troublemaker

I have to admit, Saturday night, I did not want to ever come back to that field. By Sunday afternoon, while being very exhausted, I did not feel it was that bad afterall. Perhaps I walked and climbed too much ...who knows.

To sum up my thoughts real quick, the field was a kicker. For those saying Springfield is challenging, don't ever go to that field. The hill we have been fighting (see the picture below) was 450ft high, from the AO to the top of it. we did it 5 times on SAT and twice on Sunday. It was as hard going to the flag (respawn) than actually going up the hill. There was also better places to fight but we (QRF Strikers) did not went there too often.

For those looking for a REAL physical challenge, that is the place to go. Even the nights in the field were a killing (about 40 degrees).

Would I go back? I guess I have to think about it :D

if you look in the center of the picture, you will see the flag pole and a tan shape. This is about what we looked from the bottom of the hill. I would even say that we were smaller than that but it already shows you the kind of elevation we got to deal with....

Here are the players I got the privilege to share the field this weekend. From Left to right, Top to bottom;
Ranger Joshua Warren, Krayzie, MSG Mullen, COL. Mcknight, Punisher, Tick, Distorted Axis, Blade (me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:49 pm 

What's up Strikers!! Xan from GP here, stopping by to put in my .02 and AAR for y'all!!

Quote:
Operation: Lion Claws V After Action Report
Commencing: 27-May-2006 @ 1000 hours
Index: 28-May-2006 @ 1300 hours
Written By: TF-Bravo QRF PLT SGT Craig “Xan” Haasis (Olympic 5)

Approx. 1000 Hours
TFB QRF is tasked to take Ledesma Hill (aka: “RP Cobra”). The QRF is split into our three squads. The Strikers (Olympic 2) will assault the north face directly, with the Saint James Grenadiers (Olympic 3) screening the Alpha Marines off their left flank, while Gorilla Pack (Olympic 1) is tasked with heading southeast and flank around the rear, to stop any Alpha attempts to do the same. This proved to be relatively easy due to the nature of the terrain. A large ravine that marked the border between the Alpha Marines zone and the Alpha Cav zone cut off the south east side of RP Cobra, so as soon as we knew we held the rear side, we knew that we had the high ground on any Alpha push that might be headed our way.

There was no contact whatsoever for O1, while O2 and O3 saw a small skirmish, but took no casualties. Bravo QRF captured RP Cobra and the Bravo flag was raised approximately 10 minutes after operations commenced.

Bravo 5 is contacted, and gives O1 orders to support Ranger 6 in the Alpha Cav zone, so O1 crosses the ravine, and begins a northeastern course through some tough terrain. Paths that lead to nowhere but insurmountable brush and vegetation, walls of poison oak 10 feet thick. O1 spends approximately 90 minutes here, attempting to forge paths while staying alert, before our first Alpha contact of the day.

O1 comes into contact with Alpha QRF forces comprised of The Regiment. Being in the Cav zone, they make extremely good use of their Argo. As soon as O1 hears the armor headed our way, we try and withdraw out of that area since we have no heavy weapons to neutralize armor, but the aforementioned dense vegetation makes a hasty retreat impractical, and in some cases, impossible. O1 takes over 90% casualties almost immediately from small arms fire as well as from the Argo, and we head to the Bravo Rangers FOB for our regen. It was at this point that we lost contact with one of our men, so we rolled minus one for the remainder of the day’s operations.

http://www.gorillapack.com/albums/album ... orning.jpg

Approx. 1330 hours
Olympic 1 is tasked with rallying up under Ranger 6’s command. Their mission is to locate and destroy an Alpha communications tower (again), since the first time they encountered it earlier that morning, according to C&C, they failed to destroy it completely, as well as it was supposedly not a target of opportunity at that time (In other words, it was meant for the second scenario, thus no points were given it, and they had to do it again.)

LT. Samudo of Bravo Rangers 1st Platoon gives us one of his men as a pathfinder who had been to the commo tower earlier that day, to lead us to it. Attached to us, is a SJG QRF engineer. After taking a few minutes for chow, and to refresh our water supplies, Olympic 1 heads out in advance of the Ranger helos, to locate the commo tower.

O1 finds our MASH location (aka Regen), and begins a systematic sweep of the entire area multiple times. Over the course of this sweep, not a sign of a commo tower can be found anywhere. We do however, have plenty of signs of Alpha Cav throughout, and over the course of the next three hours, there’s plenty of fights with Alpha Cav units scattered throughout their AO, but at no time to we find any sign of a commo tower. Word then comes in that the tower’s been moved, so QRF pulls back to the Bravo Ranger extraction zone, where I learned that C&C has informed them that the commo tower was in fact destroyed, and points given.

Next contact with Bravo-5 has Olympic 1 heading back to the Marine FOB that was our jump point, but by the time we got there, the time was near Index, and operations wrapped for the day.

http://www.gorillapack.com/albums/album ... ernoon.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:01 pm 
These are awesome pictures so far.

http://www.oplionclaws.com/gallery/main ... _itemId=12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:24 pm 
The photo of Max is amazing, is now my desktop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:27 pm 
Troublemaker

I have to personally admit that the speeches both COL and MSG gave shook (sp) me. I just don't know why but even if I have no idea what is the real deal, I can almost feel it when one of those men start talking....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:02 pm 

Quote:
Day-2 AAR
Sunday 28-May-2006

Approx: 1000 Hours
Olympic Group is tasked with re-taking RP-Cobra (Ledesma Hill), since it fell to Alpha forces late in the previous day. However this time, instead of it just being O1, the entire QRF force is being deployed. There’s a small issue on whether or not Alpha is allowed to start on the hill or not, since they were in control of it at EndEx of the previous day, but we soon get the word that C&C is calling for a complete removal of all Alpha Elements from the hill before the day’s operations commence.

Upon being given the green light, O1 and O3 head south east once again, following the exact path from the day previous, with O1 in the lead. O2 once again takes their northern face assault route. The results, however, were much different than the previous day. O1 and O3 get about 80% to our RP when we begin taking small arms fire from the west and south sides of the hill. There’s already Alpha swarming all over it. O3 takes a low side route to the southwest side of the hill, where they are soon pinned down by Alpha on high ground. O1 skirts the ravine on the high side, moving more south, then cutting east to RP-Porche, and adjacent hill, connected to RP-Cobra by a burm and embankment. Once we hit RP-Porche, we can tell this is going to be a meat grinder of an assault, made even more so that we were close enough to hear that, just like yesterday, it was Alpha QRF comprised of The Regiment.

I was in the process of a SITREP to Bravo-5 when I heard the yell of a charge behind me. I turned to find O1 in a bounding overwatch charge. We were pushing The Regiment back about 30-50 feet, until they were on the crest of the hill only, instead of all along the south face, when I heard someone scream out in pain. An immediate cease-fire was called, and I ran over to find one of our squad-mates (Lil Will), had blown his knee out, and then popped it back into place. Alpha had an EMT/Nurse/etc come over, Medical was called in and it was determined that we had to carry him out of the zone instead of getting staff to him, so a few of us took off our BDU blouses and used those to carry him out.

With over half our Olympic 1 squad helping to carry out Lil Will, it was decided that with “Game On”, we’d simply evac it out rather than try and continue our assault, so we moved around the east face of the hill, down the front, then cut back west to Marine FOB #1 and rally with Bravo-6 and 5.

It was during this evac (in which we red-ragged ourselves), that Olympic-6 jestingly said to an Alpha Marine “You know BCO's only got us until 12:30 right?”. Said information went allllllllllll the way up the ACO chain of command and caused somewhat of an operational SNAFU for the Saint James Grenadiers in the Bravo Cav area (though why they were over there, I don’t know, as QRF was never tasked in the Bravo Cav area all day to the best of my knowledge), but it was soon ironed out as people taking O6’s humor seriously.

http://www.gorillapack.com/albums/album ... nday_1.jpg

Approx: 1100 Hours
Once O1 rallies with Bravo-6 and 5, we’re told we need to assist the Bravo Marines in the minefield to secure the AO and set up a blocking force on the eastern side so that the Marines behind us could sweep the area relative safety. We know that even if Alpha holds that hill all day, the points spread is still in our favor, so we get set for our new task.

We jump off and head east, into the Bravo Marine AO. We’re not 5 minutes in, when we come under small arms fire at a relatively close distance. A Striker goes down at a crossroads, and we engage the enemy, trading sporadic fire with him. *FWOMP!* and a call of “You’re all dead!” from an Alpha not far away. We dispute it, he cusses us out, an MP is called in, and we’re cleared, much to his chagrin. When we moved forward on him, he was nowhere to be seen. We continue on, and meet zero resistance in the Marine AO. In fact, it’s teeming with Bravo Marines, so we begin assisting them with the task of finding as many land mines as we can.

At this point, commo chatter reaches Bravo command about the possibility of the SJG “betrayal”, and the MSGT confronts the SJG QRF element that we have about it. They deny it, and we allow them to continue with us. No sooner had we let them go, when we’re fired upon by a lone Alpha soldier. In less than a second, no fewer than 20 rifles opened up simultaneously on him. I almost felt sorry for him…almost.

Olympic-6 tasks me with taking O1 squad and setting up a blocking line. We have less than 45 minutes until EndEx, so we want all the time we have to let the Marines do their job and find mines. I take O1 eastward and set them up along a high ridge overlooking an Alpha Marine FOB. I had to pull them back far enough to give wide berth to the rule about not closing in too far to the FOBs, but I wanted them to be able to open up as soon as any Alpha crested the hill. I confer with Ranger Warren, and we set up an L-shaped blocking line, with intersecting fields of fire, and wait it out. As we hit 30 minutes to EndEx, I advised my guys that with under 30 to go, there’s no way Alpha can capture any objectives and hold them for points, so if anything, they’ll be charging and fighting solely for the purpose of a body count, and to be ready.

The Alpha assault never comes, and EndEx occurs at 1300 hours, at which time everyone collapses back to the campground.

http://www.gorillapack.com/albums/album ... nday_2.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:30 pm 
Strikers

Sounds good guys, cant wait to see some more pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:12 pm 

As always Strikers great seeing you out there, glad I could give a couple of you a ride. Warren see you soon bro take care.