All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:11 pm 
Troublemaker

Hey Romell,

Are you sure the piston/cylinder is actually the problem?
If you want a good trick, take it out of the gearbox and block the air nozzle. If you can move the piston in/out of the cylinder without resistance, then you have a problem. If the piston gets difficult to move, then your seal is good enough. Obviously, you need to act like if it was your actual gears pulling the piston and letting it go. It is not like you can try this going side way or going slow.

If after your tests it all works, you gonna have to see if the problem is between your inner barrel in the nozzle:
- Do you have a gap that could you leaks? it will happen that your hopup unit is all the way forward and your nozzle is not getting inside and creating the seal.
- Are you sure the air nozzle can freely move all the way forward ? If your nozzle is just 1mm out of its position, it will give you leaks. At rest, the nozzle should be all the way forward inside the gearbox and sometimes, mainly because you mixed and matched brands, the tappet plate will not move 100%.

If on the other hand you have no problem or difficulties move the piston, see if there are no "gaps" between the cylinder and the piston O-ring. If you do (allowing you to shake the piston left and right without resistance), you definitely need to see if the piston is actually made for the cylinder. Starting to play with Oring side is not a bad idea as long as you stay within reasonable specs. Otherwise, you might start seeing oring distortion, which could lead to further mechanical failure.

That being said, I would like to know: Are you trying to fix a 10fps drop or a 150fps drop?!?!
The only grease you should use is the 100% silicon. Few brands out there available. Airsoftsmiths in Columbus should have no problem getting that for you.

Keep us in touch.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 pm 
Troublemaker

Well, if it is getting worse every time you shoot, I would suspect your Oring to wear out way too fast, creating a more important leak every shot you fire. If you had the wrong Oring or a place not aligned right, you would usually get a bad FPS All the time so low fps but consistently.

And I agree with you, you want your shots to be as consistent as possible much more than having power shots here and there.

Good luck, let us know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:35 am 
Strikers

try to half-load or 3/4 load a mag and see if it still behaves that way.