All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from J Teezy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:02 pm 

well, I played with you guys several years ago back at the first Operation Northern Wind (great time) and then again at Operation Irene II (i think it was the 2nd one may have been the first, think it was in Tennessee at an old army base / juvenile detention center, it had the jail, recreation center, baracks, car shop garage, etc, and then a little houseing street that had some houses on it which was seperated by a little bit of woods. They also brought in the helicopter and used it as a filming prop for the sunday mission reactment of Blackhawk Down). Anyway. I had to get out of the sport and sold off all my stuff due to time and not really being able to attend events. Been thinking about getting back in especially with seeing the EPAR polarstar guns now.

Dropping by to see if you guys were still around and playing and it looks like you are.

Is Torch still around? He use to live about 5 minutes from me. Myself, him, and I think it was either Tick or Mole went and shot our real steal pistols at Target World once.

Post subject: Re: Hello from J Teezy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:18 pm 
Troublemaker

Hey JT,

We are unfortunately still around even though most of those you played with are gone by now. Torch had to quit playing, Tick and Punisher unfortunately deceased. Mole is the remaining player with myself from that specific era.

If you go the Polarstar way, make sure to play the same way we used to play back then (with honor, integrity and respect) and you will be just fine. This is a great platform as long as you don't try to bend the rules or win at all cost ;)

Welcome back.

p.s. How in the hell did you remember us in particular?
Did you attend any Irene events lately? (we haven't miss one yet :D )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:13 pm 

I remember STRIKERS because you guys are in my area. I live in Cincinnati (Fairfield) and the first time i meant some of you was at OPNW and then again at Irene that same year. Hung out at night with Torch, drinking a couple beers and shooting the $#%! in which i found out he literally lived in an apartment complex right around the corner from me. Later we once got together with one other person as i mentioned before i think it was either Tick or Mole and we went to Target World to shoot our real steel pistols they stopped of and had a beer somewhere together. I haven't played since then and sold all my stuff but I'm thinking about coming back as I really enjoyed it. Would be nice to find some adults to play with as I'm 32. I break out my DVD from Irene and watch it every now and then and it pumps we back up to wanting to get back into it all! Especially with the polarstar fusion engine setups now. They interest me because of the less mechanical stuff like an aeg has. Less moving parts in the gearbox = less things that can go wrong = makes me more happy =) . Big investment money wise over an AEG but less of a headache in my opinion.

Any of you guys running a Fusion Engine setup?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:27 pm 
Troublemaker

Nobody on the Polarstar band wagon yet. Several got PTW though (some with good and some with bad experience :D). The P* is a truly a neat platform as you said as long as you don't get air leaks. The only problem right now is P* are getting a very bad rep because all of those who abuse the platform (adjusting the pressure on the fly, cranking the ROF, etc). I guess it goes with the newer and more competitive player mindset nowaday.

I might personally try to mount a P* on the buggy/M249 ....might be easier on the gun itself on the long run.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:51 pm 

Youll always have people who will do things like that though whether its on the fly adjustments or not calling hits etc. Though you can tourney lock the air rigs to a point but again the only thing that keeps some from cutting a zip tie then cranking up the pressure and rezip tieing is a persons integrity. P* saw would be awesome. Seen a couple youtube vids of people using those.

I like the milsim side of airsoft so i would keep my rof more close to a real steel m4 and not make it a bb hose. I shot more in semi than full auto anyway. 1-9 round selectable burst is awesome though. 3 round burst is more my style

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:10 pm 
Strikers

Jteezy,
If you are still around and checking these forums, hop on airsoftohio.com sometime and look for the Springfield dates and hit us up. It'd be nice to have an "old style" player in the field!